Area of a Triangle Calculator
What is Area of a Triangle Calculator?
Area of a triangle calculator is a free online tool that helps you to find the area of a triangle with the given lengths of base and height. In Cuemath's area of a triangle calculator, enter the values of base and height and find the area of the triangle within a few seconds.
How to Use Area of a Triangle Calculator?
Follow the steps given below and learn to use the calculator step-wise:
- Step 1- Enter the values of base and height of any triangle in the space provided.
- Step 2- Click on "Calculate".
- Step 3- Area of the triangle will be displayed.
- Step 4- Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter new values.
What is Area of a Triangle?
The area of a triangle is the amount of space enclosed between the sides of the triangle. The formula to find area of triangle is: 1/2 × base × height. It is calculated in square units.
Find the area of the triangle whose base is 4 units and height is 7 units.
To find the area of the triangle with base= 4 units and height= 7 units, we will use the above mentioned formula.
Area of triangle= (1/2 × base × height) square units
= 1/2 × 4 × 7 square units
= 14 square units
Therefore, the area of the given triangle is 14 square units.
Now, use the above area of triangle calculator to find the area of the triangles with following values of base and height:
- Base= 6 units and height= 9 units
- Base= 24 units and height= 22 units