Circles and Tangents
Circles is a chapter which has a prior introduction and hence, this chapter begins directly with tangents. The definition of tangents and few activities are stated for the better understanding of students. The theorem is quoted and proved. We then see that from a given point outside the circle, only two tangents are possible to the circle which is of equal length. This concept is explained clearly with activities, and the theorem is stated. Theorems like alternate segment theorem and concepts like touching circles and common tangents are explained. Variety of examples, as well as problems, are provided.
In addition to preparing for the JEE mains and advanced exams, Cuemath Founder Manan Khurma's study material is helpful for students who are appearing for CBSE, ICSE and other State board exams.
Basic Concepts of Tangents
- What is a Tangent?
- Tangent as a Special Case of Secant
- Uniqueness of the Tangent at a Point
- Tangents from an External Point
More on Tangents
- Instant doubt clearing (live one on one)
- Learn from India’s best math teachers
- Completely personalized curriculum