This chapter begins with a basic introduction of complex numbers, the importance of i, how they can be represented on a graph as a point in the plane, and magnitude and argument of complex numbers. We then cover the following concepts - arithmetic of complex numbers where powers of iota, addition, and subtraction, multiplication, and conjugate of complex numbers are explained. The next section concentrates on quadratic equations and geometric significance of arithmetic operations like addition and subtraction of complex numbers, with graphs and examples. We also present the interpretation of |z1 – z2 | as a circle, and this is followed by various examples.
In addition to preparing for the JEE mains and advanced exams, Cuemath Founder Manan Khurma's study material is helpful for students who are appearing for CBSE, ICSE and other State board exams.
Introduction to Complex Numbers
Arithmetic with Complex Numbers
- Powers of iota
- Addition and Subtraction of complex Numbers
- Multiplication of complex Numbers
- Conjugate of a complex Number
- Division of complex Numbers
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
Geometrical Significance of Arithmetic Operations on Complex Numbers
- Instant doubt clearing (live one on one)
- Learn from India’s best math teachers
- Completely personalized curriculum