Math in Kindergarten is often overlooked because every child is expected to easily understand the basic concepts. However, KG math will lay the foundation for all the complex concepts that a child will be exposed to later in life. Thus, it is most crucial that a strong understanding of numbers and their relation to one another is established at this stage.
A proper introduction to the nature of math and how it applies to everything in nature will kickstart a lifetime of interest in math and its applications. Thus, it is most crucial that a strong understanding of numbers and their relation to one another is established at this stage.
In addition to Kindergarten Math activities, the Cuemath program uses various innovative methods and tools to build a solid foundation in math. Here is a list of topics that will be covered in Kindergarten.
- A Visual Introduction to Addition
- A Visual Introduction to Subtraction
- Addition and Subtraction with Numbers up to 20
- Addition and Subtraction: Consolidated
- Building Basic Number Sense
- Comparing and ordering
- Consolidating Numbers up to 20
- Introducing Numbers up to 20
- Introduction to Numbers up to 10
- Introduction to Patterns
- Introduction to Shapes
- Matching and sorting
- A Visual Introduction to Measurement
- An introduction to data handling
The Cuemath program uses Kindergarten Math Worksheets which guarantee an understanding of the fundamentals. These include worksheets for telling time, numbers worksheet, addition and subtraction, etc. Worksheets help the child to learn the ways concepts are applied in solving problems.