This chapter contains three sections. The first section focuses on the topic Motivation. Differential equation is an equation involving derivatives of an unknown function. This section helps us first understand why and how differential equations arise and why we need them at all. In general, it can be said that a differential equation describes the behaviour of some continuously varying quantity. To make understand the differential equations better, three scenarios “A freely falling body”, “Radioactive disintegration”, “Population growth” are being analysed. The degree of a DE is the degree of the highest order derivative that occurs in the equation, when all the derivatives in the equation are made of free of fractional powers. The section two deals with Solving differential equations. Different types of differential equations like “Variable separable form”, “Homogeneous differential equations”, “First order differential equations” and “Exact differential equations” etc are discussed using some solved examples. At the end of this section, we have a series of exercises to test your understanding of this chapter, solved examples, previous years’ IIT JEE questions pertaining to this chapter.
In addition to preparing for the JEE mains and advanced exams, Cuemath Founder Manan Khurma's study material is helpful for students who are appearing for CBSE, ICSE and other State board exams.
Basics of Differential Equations
Techniques of Solving Differential Equations
- Differential Equations In Variable Separable Form
- Examples on Differential Equations In Variable Separable Form
- Homogeneous Differential Equations
- Examples on Homogeneous Differential Equations
- Differential Equations Reducible To Homogeneous Form
- Examples on Differential Equations Reducible To Homogeneous Form
- First order Differential Equations
- Examples on First order Differential Equations
- Exact Differential Equations
- Examples on Exact Differential Equations