want my child focus other activities dont want study pressure enrol in cuemath
Cuemath classes don’t feel like work
- The Cuemath program is designed to engage children. It makes them fall in love with math.
- It does not feel like work. It does not put pressure on children.
- Math is the most important life skill. The conventional way of teaching math is simply not effective.
- We believe that other activities are very important, but they cannot be done at the expense of a life skill like math.
- Cuemath with its focus on learning outcomes builds a strong foundation using the Cuemath Method.
A one-hour Cuemath class lasts 60 min! Children refuse to leave
Based on student survey data, most of the children enrolled in Cuemath want the classes to last longer and be conducted more frequently. Children love coming to Cuemath classes because:
- they are not judged or ridiculed if they make a mistake.
- personalized attention from the teacher allows them to ask questions freely.
- there are math activities that bring a concept to life.
- math exercises and assessments on the tab don’t feel like games rather than math.
- there are no lectures, no videos to watch passively – that is, no blackboard method of teaching.
Children build a healthy and positive relationship with math and experience math in a way it always should have been experienced.
Other activities are important, but doing them at the expense of math is risky
- Math and reasoning go hand in hand. Math is best learned by reasoning. At the same time, math is also the best tool available to help children learn to reason.
- In today’s world, an individual needs to be able to critically analyze situations and then take decisions. The decisions could be at work or in personal life.
- Making quick and accurate decisions requires a strong foundation of the basic math concepts and an ability to apply them in unfamiliar settings. In other words – individuals need good reasoning abilities.
- Only math can build these from a young age. Hence we say that Math is a life skill.
Learning math using the conventional method is just not enough
- Enough research has shown that math cannot be taught like some other subjects.
- If taught using the blackboard methodology – via lectures or videos children are simply listening passively.
- If they are not involved and active, math learning is just not enough.
- If the learning is not effective, gaps in knowledge start building up.
- These gaps may not be evident immediately but will create barriers to learning at a later point – perhaps months or even years later
- For instance, children who do not learn fractions the right way (in grade 3) may struggle with decimals in grade 4, or percentages in grade 5 or rational numbers in grade 7.
The Cuemath Method ensures children experience Math in the right way
- Children learn by reasoning
- The learning resources are customized and each child learns at a pace best suited to them
- Concepts are introduced using visual aids or activities using physical learning aids
- There’s no peer pressure. Children are free to ask questions and unafraid to make mistakes.
- Teachers don’t give away answers. They provide clues and help children figure out the answer
Thus, in summary:
→ The Cuemath program is designed to engage children. It makes them fall in love with math.
→ It does not feel like work. It does not put pressure on children.
→ Math is the most important life skill. The conventional way of teaching math is simply not effective.
→ We believe that other activities are very important, but they cannot be done at the expense of a life skill like math.