What is the GCF of 12 and 27?
Greatest Common Factor of two or more numbers is the largest possible number which divides the given numbers exactly without any remainder.
Answer: The GCF of 12 and 27 is 3.
We can find the GCF by the following methods
Methods to find GCF of 12 and 27
We can calculate the greatest common factor(GCF), by the following methods
- Prime factorization Method
- Listing the common factors method
- Long division Method
GCF(12, 27) by Listing the Common Factors
The factors of 12 and 27 are:
The common factors of 12 and 27 are 1 and 3
The greatest common factor of 12 and 27 is 3
So, GCF of 12 and 27 is 3
GCF(12, 27) by Long Division
- Step 1: Divide 27 by 12 and check the remainder.
- Step 2: Make the remainder of the above step as the divisor and the divisor of the above step as the dividend and perform the long division again.
- Step 3: Continue till you get the remainder as 0
You can find the GCF in any of the above methods but the solution will be the same.