What is The GCF of 2 and 4
Greatest Common Factor of two or more numbers is the largest possible number which divides the given numbers exactly without any remainder.
Answer: GCF of 2 and 4 is 2
We can find the GCF by the following methods
- Prime factorization Method
- Listing the common factors method
- Long division Method
GCF of 2 and 4 by Listing the Common Factors
Common Factors of 2 and 4: 2
The greatest common factor is 4
GCF of 2 and 4 is 2
GCF of 2 and 4 by Long Division
- Step 1: Divide 4 by 2 and check the remainder.
- Step 2: Make the remainder of the above step as the divisor and the divisor of the above step as the dividend and perform the long division again.
- Step 3: Continue till you get remainder as 0
You can find the GCF in any of the above methods but the solution will be the same.