What is the GCF of 24 and 28?
GCF (Greatest Common Factor) of two or more numbers is the largest possible number which divides the given numbers exactly without any remainder.
Answer: GCF of 24 and 28 is 4
Lets see how to find the GCF of 24 and 48
We can find the GCF by the following methods
- Prime factorization Method
- Listing the common factors method
- Long division Method
GCF of 24 and 28 by Long Division
- Divide 28 by 24 and check the remainder.
- Make the remainder of the above step as the divisor and the divisor of the above step as the dividend and perform the long division again.
- Continue till you get the remainder as 0
GCF of 24 and 48 by Prime Factorization
Let us represent 24 and 48 as a product of its prime numbers
Prime factorization of 24 is 2 × 2 × 2 × 3
Prime factorization of 28 is 2 × 2× 7
Common factors = 2,2
GCF is the product of the factors that are common to each of the given numbers.
GCF is 2 × 2 = 4