What is The GCF of 42 and 70
Greatest Common Factor of two or more numbers is the largest possible number which divides the given numbers exactly without any remainder.
Answer: GCF of 42 and 70 is 14
We can find the GCF by the following methods
- Prime factorization Method
- Listing the common factors method
- Long division Method
GCF of 42 and 70 by Listing the Common Factors
Common Factors of 42 and 70: 2, 7, 14
The greatest common factor is 14
GCF of 42 and 70 is 14
GCF of 42 and 70 by Long Division
- Step 1: Divide 70 by 42 and check the remainder.
- Step 2: Make the remainder of the above step as the divisor and the divisor of the above step as the dividend and perform the long division again.
- Step 3: Continue till you get remainder as 0
You can find the GCF in any of the above methods but the solution will be the same.