What is the GCF of 5 and 25?
GCF of two numbers 5 and 25 is the largest possible number which divides both the numbers exactly.
Answer: GCF of 5 and 25 is 5
Let us see how to find the GCF of 5 and 25.
The greatest common factor of two numbers is the largest possible number which divides both the numbers exactly without any remainder.
Methods to Find GCF of 5 and 25
- Listing the common factors
- Long division
Method 1: GCF of 5 and 25 by Listing the Common Factors
In this method,
- we list all the factors of 5 and 25
- Then identify the common factors.
- The highest among the common factors is the GCF of 5 and 25.
Factors of 5 are 1,5
Factors of 25 are 1, 5, 25.
Common Factors of 5 and 25: 1, 5.
Greatest common factor= 5
GCF of 5 and 25 is 5
Method 2: GCF of 5 and 25 by Long Division
- Step 1: Divide 25 by 5 and check the remainder.
- Step 2: Make the remainder of the above step as the divisor and the divisor of the above step as the dividend and perform the long division again.
- Step 3: Continue till you get the remainder as 0
Irrespective of the method, the solution to our question GCF of 5 and 25 is the same.