What is the HCF of 1152 and 1664?
HCF of two numbers 1152 and 1664 is the largest possible number which divides both the numbers exactly.
Answer: HCF of 1152 and 1664 is 128
The highest common factor of two numbers is the largest possible number which divides both the numbers exactly without any remainder.
We can find the HCF of the numbers in many ways the commonly used methods are listed below.
Methods to Find HCF of 1152 and 1664
- Prime factorization Method
- Listing the common factors method
- Long division Method
Method 1: HCF of 1152 and 1664 by Prime Factorization
In this method, we represent 1152 and 1664 as a product of its prime numbers
Prime factorization of 1152 is 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 3
Prime factorization of 1664 is 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 13
Common factor = 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2
HCF is the product of the factors that are common to each of the given numbers.
HCF(1152,1664) is 128
Method 2: HCF of 1152 and 1664 by Long Division
- Step 1: Divide 1664 by 1152 and check the remainder.
- Step 2: Make the remainder of the above step as the divisor and the divisor of the above step as the dividend and perform the long division again.
- Step 3: Continue till you get remainder as 0
Irrespective of the method, the solution to our question HCF of 1152 and 1664 is the same.