What is the HCF of 255 and 867?
Highest Common Factor of two or more numbers is the largest possible number which divides the given numbers exactly without any remainder.
Answer: HCF of 255 and 867 is 51
Let's find the HCF of 255 and 867
We can find the HCF by the following methods
- Prime factorization Method
- Listing the common factors method
- Long division Method
HCF of 255 and 867 by Listing the Common Factors
Common Factors of 255 and 867: 1,3,51
The highest common factor is 51
HCF of 255 and 867 is 51
HCF of 255 and 867 by Long Division
- Step 1: Divide 867 by 255 and check the remainder.
- Step 2: Make the remainder of the above step as the divisor and the divisor of the above step as the dividend and perform the long division again.
- Step 3: Continue till you get remainder as 0
You can find the HCF in any of the above methods but the solution will be the same.