What is the LCM of 12 and 16?
Lowest common multiple of 12 and 16 is the smallest number that is exactly divisible by all the three given numbers.
Answer: The LCM of 12 and 16 is 48
Lets see how to find the LCM of 12 and 16
Least Common Multiple of 12 and 16 is that number which is the smallest and also exactly divisible by the given numbers.
Methods to Find the LCM of 12 and 16
Two different ways to find the LCM of 12 and 16 are given below:
LCM of 12 and 16 through Prime Factorisation
- Write the Prime factorised form of the three given numbers.
- Select distinct factors with the highest power.
LCM of 12 and 16 through Lists of Multiples
- The non-zero multiples(first few) of 12 and 16 are written.
- The common multiples are encircled.
- The samllest common is the one which is the LCM of the two given numbers.