What is The LCM of 14 and 18?
The smallest number obtained which on division by the given numbers leaves a 0 is the LCM of 14 and 18.
Answer: LCM of 14 and 18: 126
The smallest number obtained which on division by the given numbers leaves a 0 is the Least Common Multiple
LCM of 14 and 18 through Listing Method
- The first few non-zero multiples of 14 and 18 are written down.
- Then common multiples of the two are encircled
- The one which will be the smallest of the common ones is the LCM
LCM of 14 and 18 through Common Division Method
- Both the numbers are written together.
- Division for both is done simultaneously by the prime numbers.
- Division is to be continues till no prime number is left for further division.
Both the methods give the exact same answer.