What is the LCM of 16 and 28?
LCM of 16 and 28 is the smallest number which is divisible by both 16 and 28 exactly without a remainder.
Answer: LCM of 16 and 28 is 112
Let's compute the LCM of 16 and 28
The Least Common Multiple (LCM) of two numbers a and b is the smallest number that divides a and b exactly.
We can find the LCM of the numbers in many ways.
Methods to Find LCM of 16 and 28
For 16 and 28, the smallest number which would be perfectly divisible by them is their LCM which is 112. Let us see how to calculate it below:
Least Common Multiple is the smallest number that will divide 16 and 28 exactly.
LCM of 16 and 28 by Common Division Method
Follow the steps mentioned below to find the LCM of 16 and 28 by the common division method.
- Step 1: Write the numbers 16 and 28 horizontally by separating them with a comma.
- Step 2: Choose the smallest prime number that divides at least any one of them.
- Step 3: Write the quotient in the next row just below the numbers. If any of the numbers are not divided, we will bring it down directly.
- Step 4: We will stop it when we don't have a prime number to divide the given numbers.
- Step 5: Least common multiple of 16 and 28 will be the product of primes by which we have divided.
LCM of 16 and 28 by Formula
The formula of LCM is LCM(a, b) = ( a × b) / GCF (a, b)
The GCF of (16, 28) = 4
LCM of 16 and 28 = (16 × 28) / 4 = 448/4 = 112
LCM of 16 and 28 = 112