What is the LCM of 2, 4 and 6?
LCM of 2, 4 and 6 is the least number which is exactly divisible by 2, 4 and 6
Answer: LCM of (2,4,6) is 12
Lets see how to find the LCM of 2, 4 and 6
Least Common Multiple: It is that number which is the smallest and also exactly divisible by the given numbers.
We will try to find the LCM of 2, 4 and 6 by two different ways:
Methods to Find the LCM of 2, 4 and 6
LCM of 2,4 and 6: Listing Method
- List down the multiples of the three given numbers.
- Find out which are the common multiples amongst all.
- Spot the one which is the smallest and that will be the LCM
LCM of 2, 4, and 6: Common Division Method
- Divide the numbers simultaneously with prime numbers.
- Stop it when there is no prime number left to divide the given numbers.