What is the LCM of 20, 30, and 40?
LCM of 20, 30 and 40: A number which is found to be the smallest and also perfectly divisible by 20, 30 and 40 is called as their LCM
Answer: LCM of 20, 30 and 40 is 120
The least common multiple is the smallest number which is exactly divisible by the given numbers, that is leaving a remainder 0 on division.
Two ways in which we can find the LCM are:
LCM of 20, 30 and 40: By Listing Method
Let's do it stepwise:
- List the multiples of all the three numbers.
- Find the multiples which are common to all the three given numbers.
- The one which is the lowest or least amongst the common ones is the LCM.
LCM of 20, 30 and 40: By Common Division Method
Let's do it in stepwise manner:
- Take all the three numbers together.
- Start dividing them by prime numbers simultaneously.
- Continue the division as long as there are prime numbers to divide the given numbers or else stop.
- The product of prime factors obtained this way would be the LCM.