What is The LCM of 28 and 42?
LCM of 28 and 42: The least number which is exactly divisible by both 28 and 42
Answer: LCM of 28 and 42 is 84
Least Common Multiple: The smallest number which the given numbers divides exactly
We can find the LCM of the numbers in many ways the commonly used methods are listed below.
Listing Method to Obtain LCM of 28 and 42
- Write the first few non-zero multiples of 28 and 42
- Spot the common multiples of the two given numbers
- One which is the least amongst the common ones is the LCM of the two given numbers.
Common Division Method to Obtain LCM of 28 and 42
- Divide the given two numbers parallely by prime numbers
- Division is continued until we are not left with any more prime numbers to take the division further ahead.
Usage of any of the above two methods would lead us to the same answer.