What is The LCM of 37 and 49?
The least common multiple of 37 and 49 is the least number which is exactly divisible by both 37 and 49
Answer: LCM of 37 and 49 is 1813
The Least Common Multiple (LCM) of two numbers a and b is the smallest number that divides a and b exactly.
We can find the LCM of the numbers in many ways.
Find LCM of 37 and 49 by Formula
The formula of LCM is
LCM (a,b) = (a × b) / GCF (a,b)
The Greatest Common Factor (GCF) of (37, 49) is 1. So, GCF (37, 49) = 1
So, the LCM of 37 and 49 by using the formula,
LCM (37, 49) = (37 × 49) / 1
LCM of 37 and 49 = 1813
Find LCM of 37 and 49 by Common Division Method
Follow the steps mentioned below to find the LCM of 37 and 49 by the common division method.
- Step 1: Write the numbers 37 and 49 horizontally by separating them with a comma.
- Step 2: Choose the smallest prime number that divides at least any one of them.
- Step 3: Write the quotient in the next row just below the numbers. If any of the numbers are not divided, we will bring it down directly.
- Step 4: We will stop it when we don't have a prime number to divide the given numbers.
- Step 5: Least common multiple of 37 and 49 will be the product of primes by which we have divided.
So, using the common division method, LCM of 37 and 49 is 1813
Irrespective of the method, the solution to our question LCM of 37 and 49 is the same.