What is the LCM of 4 and 20?
LCM of 4 and 20 is the least number which is exactly divisible by 4 and 20.
Answer: LCM of 4 and 20 is 20
Let's find the LCM of 4 and 20
LCM or the least common multiple is the smallest number in which the given numbers divide exactly.
LCM of the numbers can be calculated in many ways, the commonly used methods are listed below.
Listing Method To Find LCM(4,20)
In this method,
- we list the first few multiples of 4 and 20
- identify the common multiples.
- The least among the common multiples is the LCM of 4 and 20
Common Division Method To Find LCM(4,20)
In common division,
- we divide the numbers simultaneously with prime numbers and
- conclude the process when we don't have a prime number to divide the given numbers.
LCM of 4 and 20 is unique and it is not based on the method we choose to find LCM(4,20).