What is the LCM of 6, 72 and 120?
Lowest common multiples (LCM) is a number that is the smallest and also perfectly divisible by the given numbers 6, 72 and 120.
Answer: LCM of (6,72,120) is equal to 360
Lets see how to find the LCM of 6, 72 and 120
The least common multiple is the smallest number which is exactly divisible by both the given numbers.
We can find the LCM of the numbers in many ways the commonly used methods are listed below.
Methods to Find the LCM of 6, 72 and 120
Let's try out different ways to find it out.
LCM of (6,72 and 120) by Method of Listing the Multiples
- Write the multiples of the three given numbers.
- Find out which are the common multiples.
- Spot the one which is the smallest and that will be the LCM
LCM of (6,72 and 120) by Prime Factorisation Method
- Write the Prime factorized form of the three given numbers.
- Select distinct factors with the highest power.
LCM of 6, 72, and 120 by Common Division Method
In this division method, we divide the numbers simultaneously with prime numbers and stop it when we don't have a prime number to divide the given numbers.
Irrespective of the method, the solution to our question LCM of 6, 72, and 120 is the same.