What is the LCM of 75 and 69?
LCM of 75 and 69 is the least number which is exactly divisible by both 75 and 69.
Answer: LCM of 75 and 69 is 1725
Two methods to find LCM of 75 and 69 are explained below.
The least common multiple of two or more numbers is the smallest number among all common multiples of the given numbers.
- LCM of 75 and 69 by Formula
- LCM of 75 and 69 by Common Division Method
Method 1: LCM of 75 and 69 by Formula
The formula of LCM is LCM (a,b) = (a × b) / GCF (a,b)
The Greatest Common Factor (GCF) of (75, 69) = 3
By using the formula, we get
LCM of 75 and 69 = (75 × 69) / 3
= 25 × 69
LCM (75, 69) = 1725
Method 2: LCM of 75 and 69 by Common Division Method
Follow the steps mentioned below to find the LCM of 75 and 69 by the common division method.
- Step 1: Write the numbers 75 and 69 horizontally by separating them with a comma.
- Step 2: Choose the smallest prime number that divides at least any one of them.
- Step 3: Write the quotient in the next row just below the numbers. If any of the numbers are not divided, we will bring it down directly.
- Step 4: We will stop it when we don't have a prime number to divide the given numbers.
- Step 5: Least common multiple of 75 and 69 will be the product of primes by which we have divided.
Observe that the solution to our question LCM of 75 and 69 is the same.