What is the LCM of 8 and 13?
The LCM or least common multiple of 8 and 13 is the least number which is exactly divisible by 8 and 13.
Answer: LCM(8,13) is 104
The least common multiple is the smallest number in which the given numbers divide exactly. It is denoted by LCM(a, b). The LCM of the numbers can be found in many ways, the commonly used methods are listed below.
LCM(8,13) by Listing Method
- We list the first few multiples of 8 and 13.
- Identify the common multiples.
- The least among the common multiples is the LCM of 8 and 13
LCM(8,13) by Common Division Method
- We divide the numbers simultaneously with prime numbers.
- Stop the process when we don't have a prime number to divide the given numbers.
- The product of the divisors in each step is the LCM.
Irrespective of the method, LCM(8, 13) is the same.