What is The LCM of 9 and 24
Least Common Multiple of two or more numbers is the smallest number which is exactly divisible by the given numbers.
Answer: LCM of 9 and 24 is 72
LCM of 9 and 24 is the least number which is exactly divisible by both the numbers.
We can find the LCM by the following methods:
- Listing the common factors Method
- Common Division Method
LCM of 9 and 24 by Listing Method
- Write the first few multiples of 9 and 24 and identify the common multiples.
- The least among the common multiples is the LCM of 9 and 24
LCM of 9 and 24 by Common Division Method
- Divide the numbers simultaneously by prime numbers
- Stop it when no prime number is left to further divide the given numbers.
LCM of 9 and 24 is 2 * 2 * 2 * 3 * 3 which is equal to 72.