What Is a Reciprocal Calculator?
A reciprocal calculator is an online tool that shows the reciprocal of a number or a fraction.
Our reciprocal calculator helps you to find the reciprocal of a fraction within a few seconds.
How to Use the Reciprocal Calculator?
- Step 1: Enter the numerator and denominator in the respective input boxes.
- Step 2: Click the button “Solve” to find the reciprocal value of the fraction entered.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter a new fraction.
How to Write the Reciprocal of a Number?
The reciprocal of a number is defined as the expression which when multiplied by the number gives the product as 1.
For example, The reciprocal of 2/5 is 5/2.
Solved Example 1:
Find the reciprocal of 10/13 and verify your answer.
The reciprocal of 10/13 is 13/10.
To verify the answer, we will multiply 10/13 with its reciprocal and check if the product is 1
(10/13) × (13/10) = 1
Therefore, 13/10 is the reciprocal of 10/13.
Solved Example 2:
Find the reciprocal of the integer -14
The number -14 can also be written as -14/1
So, the reciprocal of -14 is -1/14
Now, try the calculator and find the reciprocal of the given fractions.
- Live one on one classroom and doubt clearing
- Practice worksheets in and after class for conceptual clarity
- Personalized curriculum to keep up with school