Area of Rectangle Formula Class 7
The area of a rectangle is the total space covered by it. The formula for the area of a rectangle can be easily memorized if the underlying logic is understood well. This article presents a precise summary of the area of rectangle formula class 7 that will ensure that students understand the concept of calculating the area of rectangle and its application along with some effective tips to remember the area of rectangle formula for class 7.
List of Area of Rectangle Formula Class 7
The following points present a summary of the concepts and formulas related to the area of a rectangle.
- The opposite sides of a rectangle run parallel to each other, while the adjacent sides stand perpendicular to each other.
- Area of a rectangle is basically the multiplication of the measurements of its two adjacent sides.
- Area of rectangle = Length × Breadth
- Since the calculation of area involves multiplication of two measurements, hence, a rectangle’s area is always represented in square units.
- The perimeter of a rectangle is the total length of all its sides.
- Perimeter of a rectangle = 2 × (Length + Breadth)
Applications of Area of Rectangle Formula Class 7
Rectangles are the most commonly used shapes around us. The two main dimensions of a rectangle are its area and the perimeter. The following examples show how these parameters have their applications in the real world.
- The ability to calculate a rectangle’s area simplifies numerous domestic tasks in everyday life. For example, to paint a rectangular wall, we need to calculate the area of the wall to determine how much paint is required.
- For rectangular farms, farmers use the farm area to figure out how many seeds and manure they need.
- In order to build a house on a rectangular piece of land, the area of land is required to estimate the quantity of the raw material.
Tips to Memorize Area of Rectangle Formula Class 7
Sometimes memorizing formulas becomes difficult and students tend to forget them due to nervousness. The following points list a few tips to memorize these formulas easily.
- The students must try to solve all the solved examples in their textbooks as these examples are meant to cover all the important basic concepts. After completing the solved examples they can move on to the exercise questions. Consistent practice will help the students memorize the area of rectangle formula class 7 on their fingertips without any effort of mugging them up.
- Students must also download some formula images that can be found on the internet. They can use these as a screensaver on their digital gadgets. As a result, they will be reminded to glance at the formulas throughout the day anytime they use their device, resulting in a speedy revision.
- Studying with friends can also help the students in clearing out their doubts with each other. This will not only make learning easy and fun but will also result in sharing of ideas regarding solving problems that will help them in examinations.
Area of Rectangle Formula Class 7 Examples
Example 1: What is the area of a rectangular square park whose length and breadth are 40 m and 35 m respectively.
Solution: The area of a rectangle formula is given as Length × Breadth.
Substituting the given values we get, Area of the rectangular square park = 40 × 35 = 1400 m2.
Example 2: If the area of a rectangle is 80 square units and its length is 10 units, what is its breadth? Also, find the perimeter of the rectangle.
Solution: We know the area of rectangle formula, Area of Rectangle = Length × breadth
Given, area of rectangle = 80 square units, Length = 10 units
Substituting the given values, we can find the breadth.
Area of Rectangle = Length × breadth
80 = 10 × breadth
Breadth = 8 units
Now, we know the length and breadth of the rectangle so the perimeter of the rectangle can be easily calculated.
Perimeter of Rectangle = 2 (Length + Breadth) = 2 (10 + 8) = 2 × 18 = 36 unit2
Students can download the printable Maths Formulas Class 7 sheet from below:
FAQs on Area of Rectangle Formula Class 7
What are the Important Formulas for Area of Rectangle Formula Class 7?
The important formulas that are used to calculate the area of rectangle formula class 7 are given below.
- Area of rectangle = Length × Breadth. This formula is used when the length and breadth are known.
- Perimeter of the rectangle = 2 × (Length + Breadth). This formula is used in those cases when one of the dimensions is not given. For example, if the perimeter and length is known we can find the breadth of the rectangle using this formula and then find the area.
What are the Basic Formulas in Area of Rectangle Formula class 7?
There are two basic formulas that are used to find the area of a rectangle. The first one is the direct one in which the length and breadth is known. Area of rectangle = Length × Breadth. The other one is of the perimeter of the rectangle which can be indirectly used to find the unknown value. Perimeter of rectangle = 2 × (Length + Breadth). After finding the unknown value, the area can be easily calculated.
What are the important formulas covered in area of rectangle formula class 7?
The important formulas covered in area of rectangle formula class 7 are explained in this article. The area of a rectangle can be calculated by simply multiplying its length and breadth, while its perimeter is the sum of all its outer sides that is equal to twice the sum of its length and breadth. While the first one is a direct formula to find the area in which the dimensions are known. Area of rectangle = Length × Breadth, the other one is of the perimeter of the rectangle which can be used to find the unknown value of the length or breadth. Perimeter of rectangle = 2 × (Length + Breadth).
How Many Formulas are there in area of rectangle formula class 7?
There are mainly two important formulas that are used to find the area of rectangle. One is the area of rectangle formula and the other one is perimeter of rectangle formula. The students must go through this article to get a clear understanding of the area and perimeter concept of the rectangle. This article also has some practical tips which if they follow will help them excel in their examinations.
How can I Memorize area of rectangle formula class 7?
The following tips can be used to memorize the area of rectangle formula class 7.
- Students should attempt to solve all of the solved examples in their textbooks, as these examples are intended to cover all of the fundamental topics.
- The students can also download formula images from the internet that can be used as a screensaver on their electronic devices. This will help them in having a consistent revision everyday.
- Students might also benefit from studying with friends by clearing out their doubts with one another. This will not only make studying easier and more enjoyable, but it will also lead to the sharing of problem-solving ideas that will help them in their exams.