Adding Negative Numbers Calculator
The addition is a mathematical operation(+) that is used to add two individual numbers.
What is Adding Negative Numbers Calculator?
'Adding Negative Numbers Calculator' is an online tool that helps to calculate the sum of the given two negative numbers. Adding Negative Numbers Calculator helps you to calculate the sum of the given two negative numbers within a few seconds.
Note: Enter numbers up to two digits.
How to Use Adding Negative Numbers Calculator?
Please follow the steps below on how to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the two negative numbers in the given input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on the “Add” button to find the sum of the given two negative numbers.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter the new values.
How to Add Two Negative Numbers?
Below are the rules listed for adding positive and negative numbers
Adding Numbers Rule:
Case 1: Signs are same
If the signs are the same, add and keep the same sign.
- (+) + (+) = add the numbers and the answer is positive. For Example : 2 + 5 = 7
- (‐) + (‐) = add the numbers and the answer is negative. ForExample : (-5) + (-4) = -9
Case 2: Signs are different
If the signs are different, subtract the numbers and use the sign of the larger number
- (+) + (‐) = subtract the numbers and take the sign of the bigger number. For Example: 7 + (-3) = 4
- (‐) + (+) = subtract the numbers and take the sign of the bigger number. For Example: (-9) + 6 = -3
Add two negative numbers -57 and -58
Given: Number 1 = -57 and Number 2 = -58
= Number 1 + Number 2
= -57 + (-58) [According to case 1 point 2]
Similarly, you can use the calculator to find the sum of the given two negative numbers:
- -91 and -30
- -55 and -78