from a handpicked tutor in LIVE 1-to-1 classes
Comparing Decimals Calculator
A decimal number is used to express the whole number and fraction together. Here, we will separate the whole number from the fraction by inserting a ".", which is called a decimal point.
What is Comparing Decimals Calculator?
'Cuemath's Comparing Decimals Calculator' is an online tool that helps to compare the two given decimal values. Cuemath's Comparing Decimals Calculator helps you to compare the two given decimal values within a few seconds.
How to Use Comparing Decimals Calculator?
Please follow the steps below on how to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter decimal 1 and decimal 2 in the given input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on the "Compare" button to compare the two given decimal values.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the field and enter the new decimal values.
How to Compare Two Decimals?
Please follow the below steps to compare two decimal values:
- Compare the digits before the decimal point, if they are less than or greater than the other number, then it is greater than or less than respectively the other number.
- If the digits before the decimal point are equal to each other then we compare the first digit after the decimal point which is the tenth digit and examine which is greater or smaller. We repeat this process and keep on comparing digits to the right until we get the unequal digits.
Let's see an example to understand briefly.
Compare 22.169 and 22.179
Here we see digits before the decimal point are equal which is 22 = 22
Now moving on to the digits after the decimal (tenth digit) to compare. i.e., 22.169 with 23.179, we get 1 = 1. Both of them are equal.
Now we move to the next term to the right of the tenth digit which is the hundredth digit. i.e., 23.169 with 23.179. Now, since 6 < 7, then we can say that 22.169 < 23.179 .
Similarly, you can use the calculator to compare the given decimals
- Compare 5.7845 and 9.5484
- Compare 0.002558 and 0.02589