Adding Decimals Calculator
'Adding Decimals Calculator' is an online tool which adds decimal numbers and displays their sum.
What Is an Adding Decimals Calculator?
Cuemath's 'Adding Decimals Calculator' gives you the sum of any two decimal numbers within a few seconds.
How to Use the Adding Decimals Calculator?
Follow these simple steps to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the two decimal numbers in the input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on "Add" to get the sum of the numbers entered.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter the new set of numbers.
How to Add Decimals?
Decimal numbers are added in the same way as we add whole numbers. The only thing to be kept in mind is the alignment and placing of the decimal and the numbers in order.
Decimal numbers are added using the following steps:
- Write the numbers such that the decimals are aligned one below the other.
- Place zeros in the blank places if the length of the decimal numbers is not the same.
- Now find the sum of the decimal numbers.
Observe the example given below.
Add 45.4 and 2.56.
Place the decimal numbers in the following way and add them.
∴ The sum of 45.4 + 2.56 = 47.96
Now, use the calculator to add the following decimal numbers:
- 2.78 and 456.09
- 67.9 and 7.6