from a handpicked tutor in LIVE 1-to-1 classes
Cross Multiplication Calculator
In the cross-multiplication method, the numerator of the first fraction value is multiplied by the denominator of the second fraction. It can be termed as a cross-multiplication method or a cross multiply.
What is a Cross Multiplication Calculator?
A 'Cross Multiplication Calculator' is a free online tool that finds the unknown in and cross multiplication method. In this calculator, you can enter the numerators and denominators and solve for the unknown as x within a few seconds.
NOTE: Enter the values up to four digits only.
How to Use Cross Multiplication Calculator?
Follow the steps given below to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the values of the numerators and denominators also write the unknown as x in the space provided.
- Step 2: Click on "Calculate".
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter values.
How to do a Cross Multiplication of Values?
Cross multiplication can be done in 3 steps:
- Multiply the numerator of the right-hand side fraction value with the denominator of the left-hand side fraction value.
- Multiply the denominator of the right-hand side fraction value with the numerator of the left-hand side fraction value.
- LHS is equal to RHS
If x/8 = 16/24 find the value of x.
Given x/8 = 16/24
Now multiplying with 8 on both sides
(x/8) × 8 = (16/24) × 8
x = 16/3
x = 5.33
Thus, the value of x is 5.33