Fraction to Percentage Calculator
What Is a Fraction to Percentage Calculator?
A fraction to percentage calculator is a free online tool that calculates the percentage of a given fraction.
Our calculator helps you to give the percentage of a fraction within a few seconds.
How to Use the Fraction to Percentage Calculator?
Follow the steps given below to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the numerator and denominator in the respective input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on “Calculate” to find the percentage of the fraction entered.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter the new set of fractions.
Fraction to Percentage Formula
The formula used to find the percentage of a fraction is :
Percentage (%) = Fraction × 100
How to Convert Fractions Into Percentage?
A fraction is a relationship between a part and a whole and is written as p/q, where q is not equal to zero.
A percent is a type of fraction with 100 as a whole.
The word percent means a part or a portion out of hundred. The notation for percent is " %".
To express a fraction as a percentage, follow the steps given below:
- Keep the numerator as the dividend and the denominator as the divisor to solve it like a simple division problem.
- Multiply the quotient by 100 and write the result with the percentage sign (%).
Solved Example on Fraction to Percentage Calculator
Solved Example 1:
Convert 12/25 into a percentage.
Percentage (%) = Fraction ×100
= 0.48 × 100
Therefore, 12/25 is converted into a percentage and is written as 48%.
Now, you can use the calculator and find the percentage values of the following fractions.