The Age calculator computes the age of a person based on his/her given date of birth. There are many different ways a person's age can be calculated depending upon the culture they belong to. However, the most commonly accepted way is to increment a person's age by 1 year on their birthday.
What is an Age Calculator?
Age Calculator is an online tool that helps to calculate the age of a person on any particular day given that his date of birth is known. Most Western cultures use the age system wherein if a person has lived for 7 years and 10 months his/her age will be 7 years. To use this age calculator, enter values in the input box.
How to Use the Age Calculator?
Follow these steps to find the age of a person using an online age calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath’s online age calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the date of birth in the input box of the age calculator in the form of DD/MM/YYYY.
- Step 3: Click on the "Calculate" button to find the age of a person.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter new values.
How Age Calculator Works?
The Oxford dictionary defines “Age” as the length of time that a person has lived or a thing has existed. The method of calculating age involves the comparison of a person's date of birth with the date on which the age needs to be calculated. The date of birth is subtracted from the given date, which gives the age of the person. Age = Given date - Date of birth. The steps to calculate a person's age from his date of birth to a given date are listed below.
- The first step is to take the difference between the years ( specified year - birth year). Note that a fully completed year is considered.
- Next, we make a note of the number of remaining months. As we only calculate a fully completed year, certain months will be left out that need to be documented.
- Finally, we take the remaining days left. This gives us the final age of a person. It is expressed in years, months and days.
Solved Examples on Age
Example 1: The date of birth of Ron is July 25, 1985 (25/07/1985). Find his age on January 28, 2021, and verify it using the age calculator.
Using the formula to calculate Ron's age:
Age of a Person = Given date - Date of birth.
Ron's Date of Birth = July 25, 1985.
Given date = January 28, 2021.
Years' Difference = 2020 - 1985 = 35 years.
Number of remaining months from 25 July 2020 to 25 January 2021 = 6 months.
Number of remaining days from 25 January 2021 to 28 January 2021 = 3 days.
Therefore, Ron's age is 35 years, 6 months, 3 days.
Example 2: Harry's date of birth is July 13, 1992. Find his age on April 21, 2016, and verify it using the age calculator.
Using the formula to calculate Harry's age:
Age of a Person = Present date - Date of birth.
Harry's Date of Birth = July 13, 1992.
Years' Difference = 2015 - 1992 = 23 years. (This has been calculated from June 1992 to June 2015.
Number of remaining months from 13 June 2015 to 13 April 2016 = 10 months.
Number of remaining days from 13 April 2016 to 21 April 2016 = 8 days.
Thus, Harry's age will be 23 years, 10 months, and 8 days.
Similarly, you can try the age calculator to find the age of the people with the following birth dates till August 26, 2021.
- July 5, 1998
- August 15, 2004
☛ Math Calculators: