from a handpicked tutor in LIVE 1-to-1 classes
Decimal Notation Calculator
A standard notation is a form of writing a given number, an equation, or an expression in a form that follows certain rules.
What is a Decimal Notation Calculator?
'Decimal Notation Calculator' is an online tool that writes a decimal number into decimal notation form. Online decimal notation calculator assists you to display the decimal number in the decimal notation within a few seconds.
How to Use Decimal Notation Calculator?
Please follow the below steps to find the decimal notation:
- Step 1: Enter the whole number and decimal part in the given input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on the "Solve" button to find the decimal notation of the given decimal number.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter the different values.
How to Find a Decimal Notation Calculator?
We follow the following three steps to write a decimal number in standard notation:
- For every number, to the left of the decimal point, the digit is multiplied with 10n-1 where n is the place of the digit.
- For every number, to the right of the decimal point, the digit is multiplied with 10-n where n is the place of the digit.
- After adding them all we get the decimal number in the standard notation.
Find the decimal notation for the given number: 48.718
The decimal notation for the number is:
48.718 = (4 × 10) + (8 × 1) . (7 × 10-1) + (1 × 10-2) + (8 × 10-3)