Elimination Method Calculator
The elimination method is a method for solving systems of linear equations.
What is Elimination Method Calculator?
'Elimination Method Calculator' is an online tool that helps to calculate the variables for given equations. Online Elimination Method Calculator helps you to calculate the variables for a given equation in a few seconds.
NOTE: Enter the values up to two digits only.
How to Use Elimination Method Calculator?
Please follow the steps below on how to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the coefficients of equations in the given input box.
- Step 2: Click on the "Solve" button to find the variables for a given equation.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and find the variables for different equations.
How to Use Elimination Method?
The elimination method consists of eliminating the same variable from two equations and then we find the value of another variable that was not eliminated after taking the difference of two equations.
An equation of the form Ax + By = C. Here, x and y are variables, and A, B, and C are constants.
To solve the variables of the given equations using the elimination method, let's see an example to understand briefly.
Solve 2x + y = 7 and x + y = 5
2x + y = 7 ------> (1)
x + y = 5 -------> (2)
To eliminate 'y', subtract (1) - (2),
2x + y - x - y = 7 - 5
x = 2
Substitute x = 2 in equation(1),
2(2) + y = 7
4 + y = 7
y = 3
Therefore, x = 2, y = 3
Similarly, you can try the calculator to find the value of variables for:
- 7x + 8y = 17 and x - 16y = 4
- 11x - 17y = -18 and 12x - 15y = 8