from a handpicked tutor in LIVE 1-to-1 classes
Event Probability Calculator
Probability defines the likelihood of occurrence of an event. There are many real-life situations in which we may have to predict the outcome of an event. We may be sure or not sure of the results of an event. In such cases, we say that there is a probability of this event to occur.
What is an Event Probability Calculator?
'Event Probability Calculator' is an online tool that helps to calculate the probability of a given event. Online event probability calculator assists you to calculate the probability in a few seconds.
NOTE: Enter the values only up to two digits.
How to Use Event Probability Calculator?
Please follow the below steps to find the probability:
- Step 1: Enter the number of favorable outcomes and the number of total outcomes in the given input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on the "Calculate" button to find the probability of an event.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter the different values.
How to Find an Event Probability?
The probability of an event is defined as the ratio of favorable outcomes to the total number of outcomes. The probability of any event always lies between 0 and 1. To calculate the probability of any event we divide the favorable outcomes by the total number of outcomes.
Probability of an event = (Favourable Outcomes) / (Total Number of Outcomes)
What is the probability of getting an ace from a pack of a well-shuffled deck of cards?
Total number of possible outcomes(cards) = 52
Favorable outcomes (Ace) = 4
Probability = 4/52
Probability = 1/13 = 0.0769
Thus, the probability of selecting an ace from a pack of a well-shuffled deck of cards is 1/13 or 0.0769
Similarly, you can try the calculator and find out the probability for the following:
- What is the probability of getting a sum of 12 when two dice are thrown?
- Find the probability that a leap year has 52 Sundays.