Factoring calculator helps in finding out the factors of a given number. Numbers that are multiplied together to produce the original number are known as factors. Factors can be both negative and positive. If a factor divides the original number there will be no remainder.
What is Factoring Calculator?
Factoring Calculator is an online tool used to break down a number into all its corresponding factors. Factors can also be seen as the divisors of the given number. Any number will have a finite set of factors. To use this factoring calculator, enter the value in the input box given below.
*Enter the numbers up to 100 only.
How to Use Factoring Calculator?
Please follow the below steps to find the factors using the online factoring calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath’s online factoring calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the number in the input box of the factoring calculator.
- Step 3: Click on the "Solve" button to find the factors.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter the new value.
How Does Factoring Calculator Work?
Whenever we factor a number it should be kept in mind that the factor will always be equal to or less than the given number. Moreover, all numbers, with the exception of 0 and 1, have at least two factors. These are 1 and the number itself. The smallest factor that a number can have is 1. To find the factors of a number we can either use the division or the multiplication method.
- Using the multiplication technique the original number is expressed as a product of two factors. Many different ways can be used to write the original number as a product of two numbers. Thus, all unique combinations of numbers that are used in the product will be the factors of the given number.
- For the division technique, the original number is divided by all numbers lesser than or equal to it. If the remainder equals 0 then that divisor will be a factor.
Solved Examples on Factoring
Example 1: Find factors of 36 and verify them using the factoring calculator.
Given: N = 36
36 = 36 × 1
36 =18 × 2
36 = 12 × 3
36 = 9 × 4
36 = 6 × 6
So factors of 36 will be 36,18,12,9,6,4,3,2,1
Example 2: Find factors of 15 and verify them using the factoring calculator.
Given: N = 15
15 = 1 × 15
15 = 3 × 5
Thus, the factors of 15 are 1, 3, 5 and 15.
Similarly, you can try the factoring calculator and find the factors for the following:
- Find the factors of 56.
- Factorize 92.
- Using the multiplication method find the factors of 25.
☛ Math Calculators: