Square Footage Calculator
Square footage calculator converts the values of different units to square footage. It helps in converting the area of a figure to square feet if this value has been expressed in some other unit. The area of any shape is usually represented in square footage.
What is a Square Footage Calculator?
Square footage calculator is an online tool that helps to convert a number of different units (square yards, square meters, and square inches) to square footage. It is easy to find the area of 2D shapes such as triangles, squares, etc., by applying certain formulas. To use this square footage calculator, enter a value in the input box and select its unit from the drop-down list.
Square Footage Calculator
NOTE: Please enter upto three digits only.
How to Use Square Footage Calculator?
Follow the steps given below to convert a value to square footage using the online square footage calculator:
- Step 1: Go to online square footage calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the value in the input box of the square footage calculator and choose its unit from the drop-down list.
- Step 3: Click on the "Convert" button to convert the value into square feet.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter new values.
How Does Square Footage Calculator Work?
The first step in calculating the area of a figure is to apply the correct formula to it. The area of the most basic shapes such as triangles, circles, squares, rectangles, and parallelograms can be found by applying these formulas. Once we get the final area, it can be expressed as square footage using the conversion factors. The following conversion factors are used to convert the respective units to square footage:
- To convert square yards to the square foot, the conversion factor = 9 (1 square yard = 9 square feet)
- To convert square meters to the square foot, the conversion factor = 10.7639 (1 square meter = 10.7639 square feet)
- To convert square inches to the square foot, the conversion factor = 0.00694444 (1 square inch = 0.00694444 square feet)
We use the unitary method to convert a given number to square footage. To do so multiply the given number by the conversion factor.
Solved Example on Square Footage Calculator
Convert 12,000 square inches into the square foot and verify it using the square footage calculator.
The conversion factor from square inches to square feet is as follows.
1 square inch = 0.00694444 square foot
12000 square inches = 12000 × 0.00694444 square foot
= 83.3 square foot
Therefore, 12,000 square inches is equal to 83.3 square feet.
Convert 2397 square yards into the square foot.
The conversion factor from square yards to square feet is as follows.
1 square yard = 9 square feet
2397 square yards = 2397 × 9 square feet
= 21,573 square feet
Therefore, 2397 square yards is equal to 21,573 square feet.
Similarly, you can try the square footage calculator to convert the following dimensions into square feet.
- 800 square meters
- 2000 square yards
☛ Related Articles:
☛ Math Calculators: