Factoring Trinomials Calculator
A polynomial is defined as a type of expression in which the exponents of all variables should be a whole number.
What is the Factoring Trinomials Calculator?
'Factoring Trinomials Calculator' is an online tool that helps to calculate the common factors for a given trinomial. Online Factoring Trinomials Calculator helps you to calculate the common factors for a given trinomial in a few seconds.
How to Use Factoring Trinomials Calculator?
Please follow the steps below on how to use the calculator:
- Step1: Enter the trinomial equation in the given input box.
- Step 2: Click on the "Solve" button to find the common factors for a given trinomial.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter a new equation.
How to Find Factoring Trinomials?
A trinomial is defined as a type of polynomial that has three terms. For example 12x2 + 50xy + y2
Follow the below steps to factorize a trinomial:
- Factor out if there is a factor common to all the terms of the trinomial.
- Write trinomial as the product of its factors.
Find the factors of the given trinomial for 2x2 + 5xy + 3y2
⇒ 2x2 + 2xy + 3xy + 3y2
⇒ 2x(x + y) + 3y(x + y)
⇒ (2x + 3y)(x + y)
Therefore, (2x + 3y)(x + y) are the factors of the given trinomial 2x2 + 5xy + 3y2
Similarly, you can try the calculator to find the factors of the given trinomial:
- 2x2 - x4 + 5
- x2y2 + y4 + x