Fractional Notation Calculator
The notation of a fraction in mathematics is nothing but a number that can be written in the form of ‘a/b’. The number which is written at the top (a), is called the numerator, and the number at the bottom of the bar called the denominator.
What is a Fractional Notation Calculator?
'Cuemath's Fractional Notation Calculator' is an online tool that rewrites any decimal number into a fraction. Cuemath's online Fractional Notation calculator assists you to express any decimal number to a fraction in a few seconds.
How to Use Fractional Notation Calculator?
Please follow the below steps to find the fractional notation:
- Step 1: Enter the decimal number in the given input box.
- Step 2: Click on the "Convert" button to find the fractional notation of the given number.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter the different values.
How to Find a Fractional Notation?
In mathematics, fractional notation is to write a number in the form of a fraction. To write any decimal number into a fraction we follow the below given three steps:
- Write the number divided by 1 i.e., [(Decimal Number) / 1]
- Multiply both the numerator and the denominator by 100
- Finally, simplify the obtained fraction
What is the fractional notation for 0.35?
We can write 0.35 as 0.35/1
Now, multiplying numerator and the denominator with 100
0.35 = (0.35 × 100) / (100)
0.35 = 35/100
0.35 = 7/20
Fractional notation for the number 0.35 is 7/20.