Week Number Calculator
A 'Week Number Calculator' is an online tool that finds the week of the year corresponding to the given date.
What is a Week Number Calculator?
Cuemath's 'Week Number Calculator' helps you to find the week for the given date within a few seconds.
How to Use the Week Number Calculator?
Follow the given steps to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the date in the input box, according to the format.
- Step 2: Click on "Calculate" to find the week corresponding to the given date.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to enter the new value.
How to Calculate the Week for the Given Date?
The week corresponding to the given date can be calculated with the help of the following three steps.
Step 1: Find the number of days in that year, till the given date.
Step 2: Note the day of the 1st of January of the given year.
Step 3: Calculate the odd day according to the day on which the 1st of January falls.
- If January 1 falls on a Monday, it means there are 6 odd days.
- If January 1 falls on a Tuesday, it means there are 5 odd days.
- If January 1 falls on a Wednesday, it means there are 4 odd days.
- If January 1 falls on a Thursday, it means there are 3 odd days.
- If January 1 falls on a Friday, it means there are 2 odd days.
- If January 1 falls on a Saturday, it means there is 1 odd day.
Step 4: Accordingly, subtract the number of odd days from the number of days calculated up to the given date.
Step 5: Divide the number of remaining days by 7, to find the week.
Let us understand this with the help of an example.
Find the week which falls on April 15, 2021
For this, we need to know the number of days from January 1 to April 15, 2021.
Number of days = 31 days of January + 28 days of February + 31 days of March + 15 days of April
= 31 + 28 + 31 + 15
The 1st of January 2021 is a Friday and hence, there are 2 odd days.
Number of days = 105 - 2 = 103
Number of weeks = 103 ÷ 7 = 14.7
Therefore, the date 15th of April 2021 corresponds to the 15th week of the year.