How can we make a 45-degree angle without a protractor?
The construction of angles without a protractor can be done just using a compass and a ruler.
Answer: Follow the steps shown below.
Read the steps carefully and construct.
An angle can be constructed using a ruler and a compass.
To construct an angle of 45º, we need to follow some simple steps.
As we know that 1/2 of 90º is 45º.
1. Draw a line segment BC of any length.
2. Taking B as the center, construct a semicircle that bisects BC at point P.
3. From P, construct three arcs dividing the semi-circle into 3 equal parts that are 60º each.
4. Mark the points as x and y where the arcs bisect the semi-circle.
5. From point x and y construct arcs that bisect each other at point Z.
6. Join points A and Z to obtain a 90º angle that bisects the semi-circle at point T
7. Construct arcs from point P and T that bisect each other at point A.
8. Join AB and the angle formed ABC is the required angle.