What Is a Rounding Calculator?
A rounding calculator is a free online calculator that rounds off a number.
This rounding calculator helps you to round off a whole number to the nearest tens, hundreds, thousands, ten thousands, hundred thousands or millions!
Note: Enter a whole number up to 8 digits.
How to Use the Rounding Calculator?
Follow the steps given below and try to use the calculator.
- Step 1: Enter any number in the box, which you need to round off.
- Step 2: Select the place up to which you need to round off the number.
- Step 3: Click on "Go" and you will find the number rounded off to the desired place.
- Step 4: Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter the new number.
How to Round off a Number?
"Rounding off" is the process of making a number simpler such that its value remains close to what it was.
Solved Example on Rounding Calculator
Solved Example 1:
Round off 568 to the nearest tens.
To round off 568 to the nearest tens, we see that the digit at ones place is 8, which is more than 5.
Therefore, we increase the tens digit by 1 and replace the ones digit by 0.
Thus, 568 becomes 570.
Now, you can use the calculator and round off the following numbers:
- 601 to the nearest hundreds
- 189 to the nearest tens
- 5271 to the nearest ones