Surface Area of Right Cone Calculator
What is the Surface Area of the Right cone?
'Cuemath's Surface Area of the Right Cone Calculator' is an online tool that helps to calculate the surface area of the right cone. Cuemath's online calculator helps you to calculate the surface area of the right cone in a few seconds.
How to Use the Surface Area of Right Cone Calculator?
Follow the steps mentioned below to find the surface area:
- Step 1: Enter the height of the cone and radius of the base in the respective input box.
- Step 2: Click on "Calculate" to find the surface area of the cone.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the fields and enter the new values.
How to Find the Surface area of the Right cone?
A right-angled cone is defined as a three-dimensional solid triangle rotated about one of its perpendicular sides such that it forms a circular disc at the base, it can also be viewed as a stack of non-congruent discs such that the ratio of the radius of adjacent discs remains a constant. The surface area of a cone is given by the sum of the area of all the curved surface and circular base
The area of the curved surface is equal to π r l(where l is equal to √ (h2 + r2) and the area of the circular base is equal to π r2
Surface area of the cone = π r(r +(√ (h2 + r2) )
Solved Example :
Find the surface area of right cone with height h = 10 units and r = 20 units
We have, h = 10 and r = 20
Surface area of the right cone = π r(r +(√ (h2 + r2) )
= π × 20 (20 + √(102 + 202))
= 2660.25 square units
The surface area of the right cone is 2660.25 square units.
Similarly, you can try the calculator to find the surface area of the right cone
- h = 20, r = 20
- h = 35, r = 10
- Live one on one classroom and doubt clearing
- Practice worksheets in and after class for conceptual clarity
- Personalized curriculum to keep up with school