Trapezium Area Calculator
A trapezium is a quadrilateral with one pair of parallel sides which are known as bases. It means the other pair of sides can be non-parallel which are known as legs.
What is the Area of Trapezium Calculator?
'Cuemath's Area of a Trapezoid Calculator' is an online tool that calculates the area of a trapezoid within a few seconds.
How to Use the Area of Trapezium Calculator?
Please follow the below steps to find the area of trapezium:
- Step 1: Enter the length of two parallel sides of a trapezium (base) and height in the given input box.
- Step 2: Click on the "Calculate" button to find the area of the trapezium.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to find the area for different lengths of parallel sides of the trapezium.
How to Find the Area of Trapezium?
The area of a trapezium is defined as half the product of sum of the length of two of its parallel sides and height. The area of a trapezoid is the number of unit squares that can be fit into it and it is measured in square units
The area of trapezium is given by 1/2 × (a + b) × h
where 'a' and 'b' are lengths of two of its parallel sides of the trapezium and 'h' is the height (perpendicular distance between a and b)
Find the area of a trapezium whose parallel sides are 16 units and 10 units respectively and whose height is 8 units?
Given: a = 16 units, b = 10 units and height = 8 units
Area of trapezium = 1/2 × (a + b) × h
= 1/2 (16 + 10) × 8
= 26 × 4
104 square units
Therefore, the area of the trapezium is 104 square units
Similarly, you can the calculator to find the area of the trapezium
1) parallel sides of a trapezium are 22 units, 12 units and height is 8 units
2) parallel sides of a trapezium are 14 units, 4 units and height is 16 units