from a handpicked tutor in LIVE 1-to-1 classes
Number Names 1 to 100
Number names 1 to 100 means writing numbers 1 to 100 in words. When students learn counting 1 to 100, it also helps them learn one to hundred spellings in English. A few examples of number names 1 to 100 are given as follows. For example, 98 is written as Ninety-eight, 57 is written as Fifty-seven, 45 is written as Forty-five, and so on. In this article, we have simplified all the rules that are to be followed while writing 1 to 100 number names.
|1.||Number Names 1 to 100 Chart|
|2.||Numbers in Words 1 to 100|
|3.||Rules to Write 1 to 100 Number Names|
|4.||Numbers in Words 1 to 100 Examples|
|5.||FAQs on Number Names 1 to 100|
Number Names 1 to 100 Chart
The following figure shows a printable number names 1 to 100 chart to help kids with 1 to 100 spellings in English. To make the students learn this easily, they can be prompted to call out numbers in their day-to-day life referring to the objects that they see around them. This chart helps the students memorize one to hundred in words.
Numbers in Words 1 to 100
The number names chart from 1 to 100 can help kids learn how to write any number from 1 to 100 in words if its numeric form is given. Learning numbers one to hundred in English requires a little practice, but once the students recite one to hundred spellings on a regular basis, they never forget them. The following table has 1 to 100 spellings in English and learning these is beneficial for students in higher grades.
List of Number Names from 1 to 100
Observe the following table which shows numbers one to hundred in English.
|1 = One||2 = Two|
|3 = Three||4 = Four|
|5 = Five||6 = Six|
|7 = Seven||8 = Eight|
|9 = Nine||10 = Ten|
|11 = Eleven||12 = Twelve|
|13 = Thirteen||14 = Fourteen|
|15 = Fifteen||16 = Sixteen|
|17 = Seventeen||18 = Eighteen|
|19 = Nineteen||20 = Twenty|
|21 = Twenty-one||22 = Twenty-two|
|23 = Twenty-three||24 = Twenty-four|
|25 = Twenty-five||26 = Twenty-six|
|27 = Twenty-seven||28 = Twenty-eight|
|29 = Twenty-nine||30 = Thirty|
|31 = Thirty-one||32 = Thirty-two|
|33 = Thirty-three||34 = Thirty-four|
|35 = Thirty-five||36 = Thirty-six|
|37 = Thirty-seven||38 = Thirty-eight|
|39 = Thirty-nine||40 = Forty|
|41 = Forty-one||42 = Forty-two|
|43 = Forty-three||44 = Forty-four|
|45 = Forty-five||46 = Forty-six|
|47 = Forty-seven||48 = Forty-eight|
|49 = Forty-nine||50 = Fifty|
|51 = Fifty-one||52 = Fifty-two|
|53 = Fifty-three||54 = Fifty-four|
|55 = Fifty-five||56 = Fifty-six|
|57 = Fifty-seven||58 = Fifty-eight|
|59 = Fifty-nine||60 = Sixty|
|61 = Sixty-one||62 = Sixty-two|
|63 = Sixty-three||64 = Sixty-four|
|65 = Sixty-five||66 = Sixty-six|
|67 = Sixty-seven||68 = Sixty-eight|
|69 = Sixty-nine||70 = Seventy|
|71 = Seventy-one||72 = Seventy-two|
|73 = Seventy-three||74 = Seventy-four|
|75 = Seventy-five||76 = Seventy-six|
|77 = Seventy-seven||78 = Seventy-eight|
|79 = Seventy-nine||80 = Eighty|
|81 = Eighty-one||82 = Eighty-two|
|83 = Eighty-three||84 = Eighty-four|
|85 = Eighty-five||86 = Eighty-six|
|87 = Eighty-seven||88 = Eighty-eight|
|89 = Eighty-nine||90 = Ninety|
|91 = Ninety-one||92 = Ninety-two|
|93 = Ninety-three||94 = Ninety-four|
|95 = Ninety-five||96 = Ninety-six|
|97 = Ninety-seven||98 = Ninety-eight|
|99 = Ninety-nine||100 = One hundred|
We have provided a downloadable reference sheet with the above information in an easy-to-print format. Students can practice 1 to 100 spellings for a better understanding of the decimal number system.
Rules to Write 1 to 100 Number Names
There are certain rules that can be followed while writing one to hundred spellings. These rules are explained here in detail.
Rule 1: For numbers 1-20, we can directly refer to the chart of number names 1 to 100 given above because these numbers from 1 to 20 have unique number names and spellings. For example, the number name of 4 is Four, the number name of 11 is Eleven, the number name of 18 is Eighteen, and so on.
Rule 2: After the number name of 20, we should understand the pattern that is followed. Once we understand the pattern in which the number names are written it becomes easy for us to teach the students. For example, if we count the twenty series, we have twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three, and so on. Similarly, when we start with the thirty series, we have thirty-one, thirty-two, thirty-three, and so on. This rule applies up to 99 and then we reach 100 - Hundred.
Cuemath is one of the world's leading math learning platforms that offers LIVE 1-to-1 online math classes for grades K-12. Our mission is to transform the way children learn math, to help them excel in school and competitive exams. Our expert tutors conduct 2 or more live classes per week, at a pace that matches the child's learning needs.
Numbers in Words 1 to 100 Examples
Example 1: Write the number name for 78.
Referring to the 1 to 100 spellings, we know that 78 is written and read as seventy-eight.
Example 2: What is the number name for 97?
According to the chart of 1 to 100 number names, 97 is written as 'ninety-seven' in words.
Example 3: How to Write 19 in Words?
The chart of 1 to 100 in words says that 19 is written as 'nineteen' in words.
FAQs on Number Names 1 to 100
What do Number Names 1 to 100 Mean?
Number names 1 to 100 are the cardinal numbers from 1 to 100 written in their word form. To write 1 to 100 in words, we use the place value ones, tens, and hundreds. For example, 39 is written as 'Thirty-nine'.
How to Write Numbers in Words 1 to 100?
To write number names from 1 to 100, we follow certain rules. The given number is written in the expanded form, i.e., 89 = 80 + 9. Then, write and combine the respective names of all the addends using the general rules, as shown below, 80 + 9 = Eighty-nine. Referring to the chart of number names 1 to 100, the students can start reciting and revising them on a regular basis. This will help them learn all one to hundred spellings easily.
How to Teach One to Hundred in Words?
One to hundred in words can be taught to students using the following techniques:
- Download or make a chart of the number names from 1 to 100. Paste this chart at a place where the child can see it frequently, or, perhaps where he usually studies. This will help him/her go through the spellings on a regular basis and help him learn one to hundred spellings.
- Split each spelling into 2 parts. For example, 18 is written as eighteen. This can be split as EIGHT and TEEN. Similarly, 30 is written as thirty. This can be split as THIR and after a pause, TY.
- The child can be made to read it aloud and then write the spelling to learn it.
- Another way in which we can teach students is to create a game of 'fill in the blanks' for the spellings. For example, 30 - TH _RT_ . Similarly, for 15 - FI_TE_N.
- Try to go according to the learning capacity of the students. Let them learn 2 number names in a day, then, gradually shift to 3 numbers in a day.
How to Write the Number Names from 44 to 49?
Referring to the chart of number names 1 to 100, the numbers in words from 44 to 49 can be written as follows:
- 44 - Forty-four
- 45 - Forty-five
- 46 - Forty-six
- 47 - Forty-seven
- 48 - Forty-eight
- 49 - Forty-nine
How to Write 1 to 100 Spellings in English?
To make the children write 1 to 100 spellings in English, the following tips can be used:
- Let the children speak aloud and write each number along with its number name at least twice. For example, as you make them write 3 - three, ask them to speak it loudly using the letters T - H - R - E - E
- Understand the grasping and learning capability of the student and make them learn 2 number names in one day and then increase the number gradually.
- Make or download a number names chart of 1 to 100 and stick it in a place where it is always visible to the child. This will help the students frequently glance at the spellings even at times when they are not studying. A downloadable and printable chart of number names from 1 to 100 is given above on this page for reference.
What are One to Hundred Spellings in English?
One to hundred spellings are the number names of numbers from 1 to 100. When the numbers from 1 to 100 are expressed in words, they are written as follows:
1 - One, 2 - Two, 3 - Three, 4 - Four, 5 - Five, 6 - Six, 7 - Seven, 8 - Eight, 9 - Nine, 10 - Ten, 11 - Eleven, 12 - Twelve, 13 - Thirteen, 14 - Fourteen, 15 - Fifteen, 16 - Sixteen, 17 - Seventeen, 18 - Eighteen, 19 - Nineteen, 20 - Twenty, and so on. A complete list of 1 to 100 spellings in English are given above on this page for reference.
How to Teach Counting 1 to 100?
Counting 1 to 100 becomes easy if the correct techniques are followed. Students can also learn one to hundred spellings with the help of a few simple methods given below:
- As we start from number names 1 to 20, we know that this particular set has unique number names. So, these spellings can be taught to students by asking them to split each spelling into 2 parts. For example, we know that 16 is written as sixteen. So, we can split and make the kids learn it as SIX and TEEN.
- After the number name of 20, make the students understand the pattern that is followed, and then it becomes easier for them to learn. For example, the series of twenty has twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three, and so on, then the series of thirty comes as thirty-one, thirty-two, thirty-three, and so on.
- Ask the child to read the spellings aloud at least twice and then write the spelling to learn it.
- Let the child prepare a colorful chart on his own and write the 1 to 100 spellings in it. Paste this chart near his study area, so that he gets motivated to see it and eventually as he looks at the spellings frequently, he will be able to memorize it easily.