Negative Exponents Calculator
'Cuemath's Negative Exponents Calculator' is an online tool which helps to calculate solution for negative exponent value.
What is Negative Exponents Calculator?
Cuemath's online calculator helps you to calculate solution for negative exponent value in a few seconds.
NOTE: Please enter the negative exponent value upto 10.
The calculator automatically takes negative sign in negative exponent value. Therefore, no need to enter negative sign with the value.
How to Use Negative ExponentsCalculator?
Please follow below steps to calculate solution for negative exponent value :
- Step 1: Enter the base value in the given input box.
- Step 2: Enter the negative exponent value in given input box.
- Step 3: Click on the "Calculate" button to find solution for negative exponent value
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to find the solution for different values of base and negative exponents values.
How to Find the Solution for Negative Exponents Calculator?
A positive exponent tells us how many times to multiply a base number, and a negative exponent tells us how many times to divide a base number.
In general,an tells you to use a in a multiplication n times
Therefore, a^n = a x a x a x.....n times
what about negative exponents? what could be opposite of multiplying? dividing!
So dividing is the inverse of multiplication
Therefore, a^-n = 1/ a^n = 1/ a x a x a.....n times.
Find 3 power -4
3^-4 = 1/3^4
Similarly, you can try the calculator for
1) Find 8 power -9 2) Find 7 power -5