Permutation Calculator calculates the number of possible ways for the given number of objects and sample size. A permutation is defined as a technique that determines the number of possible arrangements in a set when the order of the arrangements matters.
What is Permutation Calculator?
Permutation Calculator is an online tool that assists in calculating the number of possible ways to select a subset (r). This online permutation calculator helps you to calculate the number of permutations in a few seconds. To use this permutation calculator, enter the values up to five digits only.
How to Use Permutation Calculator?
Please follow the steps below to find the number of permutations using an online permutation calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath’s online permutation calculator
- Step 2: Enter the total number of objects (n), and the sample size (r) in the given input box of the permutation calculator.
- Step 3: Click on the "Calculate" button to find the number of permutations.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter the different values.
How Permutation Calculator Works?
A permutation is defined as the number of possible ways to select a subset (r) from a larger set of objects (n), however the order of subset matters here. To determine the number of Permutation the following formula is used:
P(n,r) = n! / (n-r)!
It is read as the number of possible Permutation of selecting a subset r from n distinct objects.
Solved Example on Permutation:
Find the number of ways in which the top 3 players can be ranked from a pool of 6 players and verify it using the permutation calculator?
Total number of players (n) = 6
Required subset size = 3
Number of possible permutations = P(n,r) = n!/(n-r)!
P(6,3) = 6!/(6-3)!
P(6,3) = 6!/(3)!
P(6,3) = 120.
Therefore, the total number of ways to rank the top 3 players from a pool of 6 players.
Similarly, you can try the permutation calculator to find the number of permutations for:
- Number of objects = 10 and sample size = 5
- Number of objects = 24 and sample size = 15