What is Discount Calculator?
'Cuemath's Online Discount Calculator' is a free online tool that helps to calculate discounts price. Cuemath's online discount calculator helps you to calculate discounts within a few seconds.
How to Use Discount Calculator?
Please follow the below steps to find a discount price:
- Step 1: Enter the marked/list price in the given input box.
- Step 2: Enter the selling price in the given input box.
- Step 3: Click on the "Calculate" button to find the discount rate
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to find the discount for different values.
How to Find Discount?
Discount is defined as the amount of reduction on the list or marked price to sell the product at a lower price. The list price or marked price of any product decreases by some percentage to increase its sell is called the discount rate. The discount rate formula is given by
Discount rate = (Marked price - selling price)/marked price × 100%
You are purchasing a watch whose list price is $400 and the selling price is $380. Find the discount rate?
Discount rate = (Marked price - selling price)/marked price × 100)%
= (400 - 380 / 400) × 100
= 20 / 400 × 100
Therefore, the discount rate = 5%
Similarly, you can try the calculator to find discount
1) Tom paid $40 for a T-shirt in a sale, while the price tag was $25. Find discount in percentage?
2) You are purchasing a television whose list price is $40000 and the selling price is $10000. Find the discount rate?