Point Slope Form Calculator
'Cuemath's Point-Slope Form Calculator' is an online tool that helps to calculate the equation of a line from the given coordinate points.
What is the Point-Slope Form Calculator?
Cuemath's online Point-Slope Form calculator helps you to calculate the equation of a line within a few seconds.
Note: Please enter upto two digits only.
How to Use Point-Slope Form Calculator?
Please follow the below steps to find the equation of a line:
- Step1: Enter the coordinate of x1 and y1 and slope in the given input box i.e.,( x1, y1)
- Step 2: Click on the "Calculate" button to find the equation of a line.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and find the equation of a line for different coordinates values.
How to Find Point-Slope Form?
The formula of point-slope form is used to find the equation of a line. This formula is used only when we know the slope of the line and a point on the line.
The equation of a line whose slope is m and which passes through a point (x1, y1) is found using the point-slope form:
The equation of the point-slope form is: y − y1 = m(x − x1), where x1 and y1 are coordinates of a known point, 'm' is the slope of the line, x and y are kept as variables
Find the equation of a line with slope 3 and a point (2,3)?
The equation of the point-slope form is: y − y1 = m(x − x1)
⇒y − 3 = 3 (x − 2)
⇒y − 3 = 3x - 6
⇒3x - y -3 = 0
Therefore, the equation of line is 3x - y -3 = 0
Similarly, you can try the calculator to find the equation of a line if
1) Slope m = -4, coordinates (5,8)
2) Slope m = 8, coordinates (-7,4)